Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Take a little trip...

A beautiful Lake Okoboji sunset

It is official. Tomorrow my family leaves for beautiful Lake Okoboji in northwest Iowa. I am very excited to go to the lake and open the cabin up for the summer. The first visit of the year is always great. You put the key in the door, open it and whoosh, the moth-bally, sea-weedy summertime smell hits you. It is such a distinctive scent, and one that always brings back pleasant memories.
I am not however looking forward to the drive there. I know it is only 3 1/2-4 hours, but even one hour in the car with boogs is too long. He has got to be the strangest toddler out there. He does not sleep in the car. I don't know if there is too much to see, maybe he's too uncomfortable, it could be he's just stubborn (like his mama). We thought maybe he'd like to watch movies, so last time we took a trip we borrowed my parents DVD player. No go with boogs. So, I have packed a small arsenal of new and exciting things to entertain him on the trip up. Grams just bought him a new Elmo guitar at Target today, so hopefully that will entertain him for at least 20 minutes.
For the next four days, I will be lazing around the beach with my boys, window shopping at all the fun shops, and sitting on the dock watching the beautiful 'Boji sunsets while YB tries to catch our dinner, boogs tries to jump in the water and Zeke-dog sits on shore and whines about being at the lake.

No comments: